Dean College and International Dance Challenge have partnered to offer dancers an amazing opportunity to those pursuing a career in the dance field.
Scholarships to Dean College Joan Phelps Palladino School of Dance will be presented to up to eight students at International Dance Challenge Nationals 2014 in Chicago, Illinois.
Dean College is the only college in the Northeast offering an A.A. and a B.A. in Dance. Students can either begin directly in the bachelor’s degree program, or move from one of our associate degree majors into our bachelor’s degree program through a streamlined internal application process. Students accepted to the Dance program will benefit from personalized teaching and receive a strong preparation in ballet, jazz, modern, and tap within the context of a liberal arts curriculum. Students may also choose from concentrations such as Performance/Choreography, Studio Management, Teaching, and Dance Studies. The program also features additional master classes with professional dancers and choreographers, as well as trips to dance, music and theatre performances in Boston and New York.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DEAN COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP:
1. Dancers must attend and compete at the International Dance Challenge Nationals 2014.
2. Dancers must be age 16 or older to apply.
3. A formal application for this scholarship will need to be submitted at International Dance Challenge Nationals 2014. Please check with International Dance Challenge for the application form.
4. An essay written by the dancer must be submitted at International Dance Challenge Nationals explaining why they want to attend Dean College.
5. The numbers of the stage performances you are performing in.
6. If you have already applied and been accepted to Dean College you are not eligible for this scholarship opportunity.
*All applicants will be considered and selection will be based on stage performance as well as performance in master classes and the audition workshop. More information will be provided upon registering for Nationals 2014.
For more information about Dean College, visit www.dean.edu.